Discover Tuscan cuisine with “AmorOlio: Speaking Tuscan in the Kitchen”
Where: Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort, high in the hills of the Mugello north of Florence
When: March 23rd to 29th, 2012
In love with Tuscany and Tuscan cuisine? Want to discover all its secrets? Then don’t miss our newest “AmorOlio” experience!
After the success of our extra-virgin seminar, “AmorOlio: Adventures with Olive Oil,” in October 2011, we’ve prepared something new: “AmorOlio: Speaking Tuscan in the Kitchen,” a series of cooking classes and food experiences based on olive oil, set for next March 23rd to 29th.
Tuscan cuisine is the star of the show, which will be directed by Villa Campestri’s resident chef Roberto (Jerry) Zanieri and Nancy Harmon Jenkins, journalist, writer, and author of many books including her classic Flavors of Tuscany. Together they will unveil everything there is to know about one of the best loved cuisines in the world.
Learn to make:
- Bread and pizza in our wood-fired oven
- Hand-made, home-made pasta and the sauces to accompany it
- Tuscan spring favorites: cacio e bacelli (pecorino cheese and raw fava beans)
- Crostini of all shapes and descriptions
- The legendary arista di maiale
- Lamb and artichokes for Easter or Passover feasting
- Tuscan springtime sweet traditions
“AmorOlio: Speaking Tuscan in the Kitchen” includes:
- 3 half-day cooking classes with chef Jerry and Nancy Jenkins, ending with lunch or dinner
- A structured tasting of extra-virgin olive oils with expert taster Gemma Pasquali, a recognized member of the national organization of olive oil tasters (Elenco nazionale assaggiatori di olio extravergine d’oliva)
- A structured tasting of a number of Tuscan wines, with wine expert Ian d’Agata, including wines produced in the hills of the Mugello
- Tasting visit to a Chianti Rufina producer
- Foraging for wild greens and mushrooms
- Visits to local markets, cheese and ham producers, bakeries, and other producers of refined food products, as well as to one of Italy’s finest makers of hand-crafted kitchen and table knives
The cost of the tour, including six nights at Villa Campestri, meals, transportation, and lessons: € 2500.
For further information, write to email@example.com, or to firstname.lastname@example.org.